Netflix Show Black Mirror Pushes Boundaries Of Virtual Reality

Homepage Forums The Big Picture Netflix Show Black Mirror Pushes Boundaries Of Virtual Reality

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott Lehane
      Keymaster

This article from Forbes, written by Gina Nodar addresses the ways VR and AR are going to impact the working world in particular, in employee training for sales, customer service, and technical skills.
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2019/09/17/netflix-show-black-mirror-pushes-boundaries-of-virtual-reality/#276018d1459c

The report cites a World Economic Forum study that estimates that 58% of companies are likely to adopt VR and AR by 2022, dramatically influencing the employee and customer experience across industries.

“The World Economic Forum shares at least 133 million new roles will be created as a result of intelligent tech adoption. This means we’ll have to reskill or upskill 54% of all employees by 2022 to successfully adopt intelligent technologies,” writes Nodar.

So what do you think? On the other hand, there are still plenty of naysayers out there who see VR as a bit of an overhyped fad, and point to the failures of 3DTV.

When I was setting up this site, I was cautioned by several people that it could amount to nothing in a few years. On the other hand, I could see the vast potential of VR.

I’d love to hear some opinions.

Scott

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.